President & Owner
Cedric L. Watkins, II, JD, MBA is the Managing Partner of The Watkins Group & Associates Insurance Marketing, LLC. Cedric brings an abundance of knowledge and local economic experience as a business owner for over 30 years, serving the Los Angeles community with a large contingent of satisfied clients. He is a prominent speaker nationally on financial literacy. Cedric started his career with 20th Century Fox in Marketing & Distribution. From a successful marketing career, Cedric worked with ABC Television as a Senior Account Manager in Programming, Advertising and Finance with KGO-TV Channel 7 in San Francisco, California. Later, he moved back to Southern California forging new community ties as he worked with KCBS-TV Channel 2 as a Senior Corporate Account Manager, where he marketed network programming to affiliates and advertising agencies.
Cedric L. Watkins, II, JD, MBA was born and raised in Long Beach, California and graduated from Long Beach Polytechnic High School. Cedric played football for Washington State University in the position of right cornerback. He also competed in the long jump and ran track for WSU. Cedric’s passion is track and field, skiing, tennis and golf. He is active within his community mentoring young African American men to attend college. Cedric is a member of Sigma Phi Epsilon and Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity.
Cedric is the proud father of three children. Cedric L. Watkins, III, Yazmin Watkins and Jade Watkins. Yazmin graduated from Dickerson College and is pursuing her acting career in Los Angeles. Jade graduated from University of Pennsylvania (UPENN) and recently completed her law degree at NYU, School of Law.
Cedric L. Watkins, II holds a Bachelor of Science (B.S) degree from Washington State University, a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree from Pepperdine University – Graziadio School of Business and a Juris Doctorate (JD) from Pacific Coast University School of Law (PCU).
- Past-President of The National Black MBA Association – Los Angeles Chapter (1985-1987)
- Pepperdine University Executive Board Graduate School of Business
- Pepperdine University Board of Visitors
- NAIFA Board Member Los Angeles, California Chapter
- National Urban League Los Angeles Chapter Planned Giving Board Member
- City Scholars Foundation Board
- American Heart Association Charitable Planned Giving Board Member
- Town Hall of Los Angeles Associates Board Member
- First AME Church Board Trustee for Charitable Planned Giving (1987-2004)
- 100 Black Men of Los Angeles President and Co-Chairman
- Pepperdine University (BAC) Black Alumni Council Board Member